Trying to disable error=format-security for clapack

Hi,

as a precondition for some package for Debian Med I intend to package
clapack[1].  Despite the discussion on Debian Science about the relation
of clapack and lapacke[2] I decided that it is less effort to have
clapack in addition since upstream of phast[3] (my final target) does
not intend to port the code from clapack to lapacke.

I tried to build clapack[1] and it has a nasty format error:

/build/clapack-3.2.1/F2CLIBS/libf2c/arithchk.c:125:2: error: format not a string literal and no format arguments [-Werror=format-security]
  Cray1 = printf(emptyfmt) < 0 ? 0 : 4617762;
  ^
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

When reading the code it seems to me that actually a test whether this
code works or not is intended and thus fixing the format is not in the
intention of the authors.  So I tried

export DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_FORMAT:=0
DPKG_EXPORT_BUILDFLAGS = 1

but the build keeps on failing.  Any idea?

Kind regards

      Andreas.

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/clapack.git
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2016/04/msg00053.html