Appropriate transition from iep to pyzo

Dear all,

I am the package maintainer of iep and pyzo, two Python IDEs targeted
the scientific audience. Pyzo is the official successor of iep, meaning
the latter won't be maintained upstream anymore in favour of the
former. In terms of version numbers, the upstream developers started
Pyzo (now at 4.1) where iep stopped (3.7).

I wanted to get your opinion on how to best handle the transition from
iep to pyzo. I would like everyone currently using iep to automatically
transit to pyzo via a package update, so that I can safely ask iep to
be removed from the archive.

Does it sound sensible? feasible? Any advice on how to proceed?

Many thanks,
Ghislain