Re: Mass-rebuilding packages

Hi Sean,

On Sun, 2016-05-01 at 13:13 -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to rebuild all packages that depend on dh-elpa to check for
> FTBFSs.  Does anyone have a script that tells sbuild or pbuilder to do
> this?  I can write one, but I thought I'd ask first.

Maybe there is already something that I'm not aware of.

Recently I've had a similar need. As long as you can isolate all
dh-elpa-dependent packages into a directory (tree), maybe you can find
my tool useful:

https://gitlab.com/mdimjasevic/dpkg-process

I am sorry, no documentation yet, but you can see how to install
dependencies by looking at the Vagrantfile. To build it you just run
"mvn clean install". Then you can get help by running:

./dpkg-process -h

Essentially, you would run something like:

./dpkg-process --build /path/do/dir

If there are lots of packages, you should be able to build them in
parallel by providing the --jobs <N> flag.

The tool uses cowbuilder, which in turn uses pbuilder.

--
Regards,
Marko Dimjašević <marko@cs.utah.edu> .   University of Utah