scantailor maintainership and alioth

The current maintainer of scantailor filed a RFA (bug #816504) and I
would like to take over maintainership.  I have not packaged for Debian
before but I think I mostly understand the process.  I still have to fix
a couple things, but I've managed to make a .deb for a recently released
version that works and passes the lintian checks.

I have a question about Alioth though.  The debian package is being
maintained at (http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/scantailor.git).
Can I get access to that, or do I need to upload this to github instead
and change the Vcs fields in the debian/control file correspondingly?

And sorry for the spam; accidentally sent this to the wnpp mailing list
the first time.