Re: Package maintainers, I feel like such an outsider

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 3:54 AM, Wayne Booth wrote:

> I'm a developer of some 3rd party applications, one of which is getting some
> traction with a wider audience. For some time I've looked at documentation
> and articles about how to get a package into the Debian repositories.
> Unfortunately, with no luck - since it seems to me that I need to have some
> relationships with people at Debian, that have access. (?)

This definitely isn't the case, these days there are several people
spending time on this list mentoring new folks and sponsoring
packages. There is also the option to join an existing team if your
packages fit with a particular area like "games".
> So, my question is this. Is there anything I can do, as someone with no
> special merit or connections at Debian, but with time, technical skill and
> the motivation to see this happen, to get the "pHash" re-included into the
> repositories?

Absolutely, check out these pages:

http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#reintroducing-pkgs

> And, second (to a lesser degree for now) start the ball rolling in getting
> my application into the repositories?

See the first URL above.

--
bye,