Re: dbgsym package in d/control?

Hello Tim,

Am Freitag, den 22.04.2016, 13:37 +0200 schrieb Tim Dengel:

> According to the wiki at https://wiki.debian.org/DebugPackage I >
> need "no additional changes to your source package",

There is indeed no need to change the source package.

> but I saw that the package openhpi lists the dbgsym packages in the
> control file, and the dbgsym packages from that source package are
> also the only ones I see when I do "aptitude search dbgsym".

Did you add something like

  deb http://debug.mirrors.debian.org/debian-debug unstable-debug main

to your sources.list? Because I get a really long list of dbgsym
packages.

> So can I ignore this warning and will the dbgsym package be available
> in the archive when my package is uploaded or do I need to add the
> dbgsym package to debian/control?

Yes, but my guess is that the packages that are listed in the d/control
file go to the main archives, and those that are not listes go to the
(new) mirrors for debug packages (where they belong). A confirmation
from someone more knowledgeable would be nice though.

hope that helps,
Gert