Re: RFS: setop/0.1-1 [ITP]

Hi,

>First of all thank you very much for taking care of me. I had already
>given up and left setop behind me.

lets recover :)

>Is it this one?
><https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=813485>
>I exactly followed all instructions from
><http://mentors.debian.net/sponsor/rfs-howto> and/or
><https://wiki.debian.org/Mentors/BTS> and still don’t know, where my
>mistake was.

not sure, I don't know why a new bug hasn't been opened.

BTW there should be two bugs, not a single one, and there are automatic
scripts that correlates them by blocking the ITP by the RFS one.

can you please try again?

>In summary – you probably hear that often – it is very difficult for a
>newbie to make everything right. Moreover, I think there are mistakes in
>some guides that lead to errors.

if you find mistakes... well, correct them please :)

>Omitting -O3 yields in making a debug version (equal to -O0) on my
>system. By default, the make file shall produce a release build, and by
>testing I found out that O2 and O3 are best compared to the alternatives
>(e. g. Os).
>Ok?

no.
man dh_strip
(snip)

you have to produce debug builds with -g and so on.

dh_strip extracts the symbols from the binaries, producing a debug-symbols-free binary

>I don’t understand what you mean by that.

BIN=foo means nobody can change that

BIN?=foo means "assign foo if nothing else is already defined"

in fact, it means:
export BIN=bar in rules
has the effect to have a BIN=bar in the build.

Same for HELP

and LIBS
(in this case)
LIBS+="-lfoo -lbar"

even if this case (LIBS) is really a corner case, so nevermind

>You’re correct, I meant libboost-dev.

ok

>public domain

it was fine
https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/

just be sure to mention it correctly on the copyright file
https://codesearch.debian.net/results/License%3A%20unlicense/page_0

(sorry, my fault)

>You should check it. It’s taken from <https://wiki.debian.org/debian

>/watch#GitHub>, but mentors.debian.net says it doesn’t work.

uscan --debug doesn't work too.
Probably you have to git tag v0.1 and git push --tags?
it is failing to parse the html, not having releases there might be the reason.

I'll leave checking this to you.

Bests,

Gianfranco