ldp-docbook-stylesheets; where to find, how to update

Hello and greetings Debian folk,

I am a Linux Documentation Project (LDP, a.k.a. TLDP) volunteer.

Short version:
--------------

  * Non-Debian TLDP volunteer would like to update a package
    ldp-docbook-stylesheets.
  * Cannot find source code in Debian lands.
  * Request Debian process guidance.

Longer version:
---------------
I have automated the publication of all documentation which has been
contributed to the TLDP repository.  Before I can complete the
migration to use the new outputs, I find that there are some updates
needed to the XSL in the aforementioned ldp-docbook-stylesheets
package.

By some searching and link-following, I have found the following
references to the package and/or source of the package:

  https://packages.debian.org/source/sid/ldp-docbook-stylesheets
  https://packages.qa.debian.org/l/ldp-docbook-stylesheets.html
  https://sources.debian.net/src/ldp-docbook-stylesheets/0.0.20040321-3/

But, I cannot find the Debian source repository.

Possibly (ir)relevant points:

  * TLDP furnished just the XSL (and DSSSL) files and the user was
    expected to have the capability to deal with SGML and XML
    catalogs.

  * In 2004, Frank Lichtenheld (thank you, wherever you are)
    packaged these and handled the integration on Debian, so that
    the files "just work".

  * Since then, several parameters that are used for print
    outputs (FO, for consumption by fop) have changed.  Current
    invocations with the FO stylesheets do not work.

  * I would like to make some other small changes (like referring to
    a .css file).

  * I'm happy to take over maintenance of this package on behalf of
    TLDP.

Even though, I have 1) read the Debian Policy Document and 2) the
Debian Developer's Reference and 3) have been lurking on several of
the mailing lists (-mentors, -python) for the last few weeks, I am
still not quite sure where my request fits, nor even how to get
started.

I have figured out what ITP and RFS mean.  But, I am not really in
either of those categories.

I'm not a Debian developer.  I'm quite comfortable with RPM
packaging and, though a novice with the array of Debian packaging
tools, look forward to learning them a bit better.

Questions:

  * Where is the source code for this package?
  * TLDP could, of course, generate an upstream package, or I could
    simply maintain it in the current location.  Recommendations?
  * Assuming I can adjust the XSL and DSSSL according to my plan,
    and build a package, someplace... what do I do next?

-Martin

--
Martin A. Brown
http://linux-ip.net/