Re: Any reason to keep libsdsl in experimental (Was: Please help creating shared *and* static library with cmake)

On 08/04/16 19:24, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 06:16:51PM +0100, Sascha Steinbiss wrote:
> > For the record, I seem to remember there is already a libsdsl package in experimental:
> > https://packages.qa.debian.org/libs/libsdsl.html
>
> Ahhh, very helpful hint!!
>
> Tomasz, is there any reason to have this package in experimental?
>
> Kind regards
>
>        Andreas.

Hi Andreas,

the only reason is that it doesn't build on most architectures. The
upstream devel version build, I think, on other archs, but it hasn't
been released yet. I've asked the upstream author to release a new
version, but unfortunately without any success.

So, what I can do is to release libsdsl to only limited number of
archs (amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x) and then in the future I would
extend this list. This will obviously limit the architectures that
any reverse dependency will build on.

What do you think?

Tomasz