Re: fed (fedit) seeking a linux home

On 07/04/16 01:12, Herbert Elwood Gilliland III wrote:
> Thanks all.. except:
>

> [19:11:24 main]$ dput -f mentors fed_0.94a-1_i386.changes
> Checking signature on .changes
> gpg: Signature made Tue Apr  5 10:07:24 2016 EDT using RSA key ID DE8473B0
> gpg: Good signature from "Herb Gilliland (fed author)
> <herb.gilliland@gmail.com <mailto:herb.gilliland@gmail.com>>"
> Good signature on /home/main/temp/fed_0.94a-1_i386.changes.
> Checking signature on .dsc
> gpg: Signature made Tue Apr  5 10:07:20 2016 EDT using RSA key ID DE8473B0
> gpg: Good signature from "Herb Gilliland (fed author)
> <herb.gilliland@gmail.com <mailto:herb.gilliland@gmail.com>>"
> Good signature on /home/main/temp/fed_0.94a-1.dsc.
> Checksum doesn't match for /home/main/temp/fed_0.94a-1_i386.deb
>

> Is this " done "?

Admittedly - not so. Your previous email has shown that you already know
much more about it all than  )you need to know to produce a working
package. It must be something ... weird.  I expect you to experience
what you experienced if you once ran everything successfully and then
decided to run "fakeroot ./debian/rules binary" again or so, such that
debs and the changes are no longer in sync.

If you do not mind too much, please remove all the debs of yours and the
changes and dsc files, i.e. only leave the source tree with the debian
folder and you orig.tar.xz (gz, bz2, whatever) file and rebuild the
package.

To build, I use
dpkg-buildpackge -rfakeroot -uc -us
from within the source tree and the compressed tarball in .. .

You then find the newly created .changes and .dsc and .debs in .., too.

I then typically
cd..
and
debsign -kMYK3YID *.changes

This -k option to debsign is helpful for sponsoring, i.e. when the
maintainer is not the one signing for the upload. It also helps to
disambiguate should you have multiple keys matching your email address,
so I was mentioning it here.

And dput should just work, then. Send me (or Gianfranco) a reference to
your packaging work if not. Sponsoring implies to rebuild, anyway.

Good luck!

Steffen