Obsolete NEWS -- delete or append?

Hello,

The upstream of a package I maintain, propellor, recently released
version 3.0.0.  Upgrading one's configuration to 3.0.0 from a version
older than 2.17.2 (the version immediately prior to 3.0.0) required an
additional step to avoid a problem, so I created a debian/NEWS file
explaining the situation.

Today upstream released 3.0.1 which obviates the need to take the extra
step when upgrading (this was a side-effect of another change: it was
not upstream's intention to release 3.0.1 in order to deal with the
extra upgrade step).

In preparing 3.0.1 for upload, should I delete debian/NEWS or append to
it saying "you can ignore this information now"?

--
Sean Whitton