Re: RFC: Packaging a toolchain for CloudABI, a new architecture/runtime

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 01:47:26PM +0000, Alex Willmer wrote:
> >> 3. Are there any comments/questions you'd like to add?
> >
> > Please create a wiki page for the port if you haven't already.
>
> I'm not seeking to have a Debian port of CloudABI, but agreed.
>
> Thank you for the links, I'm reading through them now.

Given that CloudABI doesn't come with a kernel, I concur that creating a
full port doesn't make sense. Still one could try to use the bootstrap
infrastructure to prototype cross compilers and to rapidly put up with a
cross building effort. I can help with that.

I couldn't resist the temptation to just try and with your dpkg
ostable/triplettable patch applied I get the following error when
running x86_64-cloudabi-as:

| Assembler messages:
| Fatal error: selected target format 'elf64-x86-64' unknown

Am I doing it wrong?

Maybe you can join us at #debian-bootstrap on irc.oftc.net or follow up
on debian-cross@lists.debian.org?

Helmut