Re: Help with new version of iqtree needed

Hello,

> _mm_hadd_pd is a sse3 intrinsic so you have to pass -msse3 to allow
> GCC to use it. However, this will cause a SIGILL on any amd64/i386
> processor without sse3 so instead the code should be replaced with
> something more portable.

Actually, the compile command defines -D__SSE3, and the according
headers are only included if this define is set.

I've tried to add a patch that removes the according tests in the
CMakeLists.txt, but then I got

/home/gerddie/debian-med/iqtree/phylokernel.h:19:2: error:
   #error "You must compile with SSE3 enabled!"

within a function that does a so called horizontal add.

I'll think of a patch to emulate the according code with sse2
instructions.

Best,
Gert