Re: PAM module packaging help

Hi

>I have started a debian package by following the example of libacl. I apologize for being confusing but since I know hardly anything about debian packaging, I >don't really know what to ask to get started. So to start, for my shared library, could you recommend a good shared library example that I can follow. If libacl is >fine, I am stuck with the following lintian warnings:
>
>Now running lintian...
>W: mypackage source: binaries-have-file-conflict libmypackage-dev libmypackage1 usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libmypackage.so
>W: mypackage source: binaries-have-file-conflict libmypackage-dev libmypackage1 usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libmypackage.so.1
>W: mypackage source: binaries-have-file-conflict libmypackage-dev libmypackage1 usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libmypackage.so.1.0.0

your .install file have some issues

let me explain.

you have to provide a library.so.1.0.whatever
if you want you can provide a library.so.1 linking the first one (just a symlink)

and you have to ship them in the libmypackage1 package

the -dev package should *only* ship the symlink library.so, the header files, and maybe the pkgconfig scripts or whatever
is useful for the developer who links the library.

well, the -dev package should depend on the real package in your control file

>W: libmypackage1: non-dev-pkg-with-shlib-symlink usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libmypackage.so.1.0.0 usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libmypackage.so

related to the first issue

>W: mypackage: empty-binary-package

probably related to the first issue

>W: libmypackage-dev: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libmypackage1

this is a problem caused by the first issue, the dev package shouldn't have the real library, but just a symlink

>I am using bzr builddeb -- -us -uc to create the packages.

not a problem, I use gbp, but it is fine anyway.

I think if you fix your install files your package will quickly start to be working
(man dh_install man dh_auto_install helps)

maybe you can see from there
https://sources.debian.net/src/libserial/0.6.0~rc2%2Bsvn122-4/debian/control/

cheers,

G.

Hi, I don't understand what are you asking...