Re: how to use pbuilder without .dsc files?

Hi Shawn,

>I am using pbuilder for the first time and I was wondering:
>How does one build a package in pbuilder if they haven't generated .dsc files?

I'm using :
  1. dget -x [http/ftp url of .dsc file]
  2. cd [packageFolder-xxx]
  3. 'dch -i' - to adapt the changelog
  4. dpkg-source -b packageFolder-xxx
   (this will generate the .dsc file for your package)
  5. sudo pbuilder build <RecentlyGenerateddscFile>

Of course there are tons of options in pbuilder to customize the packaging, but this is minimal to give you a go ahead :-)

Hope this helps!

Regards
Jaikumar