Re: paflib uploaded to mentors.debian.net

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 4:37 PM, tfauck <tfauck@free.fr> wrote:

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the package paflib I just uploaded
> (ITP - #781117) http://bugs.debian.org/781117 paflib
>
> debuild passes ok, but lintian -EviIL +pedantic gives the following messages: Do I have to sort them out ?
> lintian  -EviIL +pedantic | grep -v ^N:

note that if you dont add -I grep should not be needed. -I will help
solving the problem if you read the complete text.

> W: paflib source: changelog-should-mention-nmu
> W: paflib source: source-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number 0.2.0-1

You should use your name as the maintainer field in debian/control.

> P: paflib source: no-dep5-copyright

Your debian/copyright file almost fits the definitions to be machine
readable, so better make some last changes to fix it completely. See
https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0

> P: libpaf-dsc0: copyright-refers-to-symlink-license usr/share/common-licenses/GPL

Fist of all, I would advise using the same license for packaging as
the package itself.
Better link to the exact license: /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-3
Note that in your text you also write a wrong path (/etc instead of /usr)

> X: libpaf-dsc0: shlib-calls-exit usr/lib/powerpc64le-linux-gnu/libpaf-dsc.so.0.0.2

This is something to report upstream: you probably don't want your
program to exit if something goes wrong in a library.

Read about generating symbols: https://wiki.debian.org/UsingSymbolsFiles

>I: libpaf-ebb0: unused-override no-upstream-changelog

You shouldn't override informational lintian tags. Just remove all
these overrides.

Thanks
Thierry