Re: on detecting OpenCL compute capability

Hello Ghislain,

On Fri, 2015-08-07 at 12:34 +0100, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:
> I have been packaging a few OpenCL libraries lately. For most of them,
> the test suite can only be run from an OpenCL capable machine.

Since OpenCL can also run on the CPU it should be possible to get the
capability by pulling in a package that provides an CPU based
opencl-idc, e.g. pocl-opencl-icd.

On amd64 and kfreebsd-amd64 this package is available in sid, on the
other archs there are some build problems.

> How about using the clinfo utility for this purpose? Has anyone tried
> detecting OpenCL compute capability with it?

Since clinfo prints out the number of devices this should easily be
possible.

Best
Gert