Re: RFS: Looking for a mentor for my dspdfviewer package

>If you pass no command-line switch it assumes its a double-width pdf,

>which has the "presenter" side on the right and "audience" on the left.
>
>It should™ render the presenter view (with the clocks and the notes) to
>the "primary" screen (you can set with xrandr --output XXX --primary),
>regardless of whether that primary is left or right.
>
>This assumes that a presenter will carry his or her notebook to the
>site, have the internal screen as primary and the external (beamer) as
>secondary.
>
>If this auto-detection fails, hit the "S" (swap-screens) key on the
>keyboard.

maybe that "s" should be put in the manpage somewhere?

BTW another nitpick is the lack of an icon for the application, gnome-shell shows the default "missing icon" icon.

and other nitpicks:
I: dspdfviewer: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/dspdfviewer.1.gz:118
P: dspdfviewer: no-upstream-changelog

I: dspdfviewer: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/dspdfviewer.1.gz:119

(the upstream changelog might be good to be fixed for the next release, not needed to release a new tarball just for it)

the other two might be annoying when copy-pasting the man.

The desktop file works correctly, and it lacks of an icon too (not an issue, but it might lead to a bad user experience)

other stuff: why do you add ggdb in the cmake file? it should be handled by Debug and RelWithDebInfo (passed by dh IIRC)

and another "issue", why do you handle the Debian revision in such a complicated way?

what about just using 1.13 instead of 1.13-1 passed as variable to cmake?

BTW instead of the export I would prefer something like
dh_auto_configure -- -DYOURVAR=YOURVALUE

but again, if not necessary you can just use the fallback at line 105 I guess.
(maybe after updating it!)

cheers,

Gianfranco

--