Re: Package being built with mruby version different from the one in the debian archive

On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 6:39 PM, Muammar El Khatib wrote:

> Would it be fine to upload the package compiled with these upstream shipped
> versions of mruby/extensions? or does it has absolutely to be compiled with the
> versions present in the debian archive?.

Debian policy is to not use embedded code copies. I would suggest
working with your upstream to get their mruby changes merged into
mruby upstream and then get your upstream to remove their mruby
embedded code copies. The extensions would need to be packaged for
Debian too.

https://wiki.debian.org/EmbeddedCodeCopies

> I ask it because those mruby parts are compiled statically. I would be glad if
> anyone could help me with this.

Dynamic linking is preferred to static linking so if you can get rid
of that it would be good too.

https://wiki.debian.org/StaticLinking

--
bye,