RC bug fixed in SVN but not yet released

Hello List,

one of the package that I maintained, apophenia not to mention it, is subject to
an RC bugreport, as such to AUTORM (in a couple of days): the issue is fixed in the
upstream git repository, so it will be fixed in the next upstream release which may
happen after the scheduled removal time.

It is  copyright issue, so I do not feel very comfortable to just modify the
debian package: it is why I am waiting for the upstream release to close definitively
the RC bug. Meanwhile I would like to stop the AUTORM machinery: may I downgrade the
the severity in view to froze the process ?  or may I do something else ?

Best wishes,
Jerome