Re: Package creation - help needed !

Thank you for the answers. As I said, I successfully generated the files with maven-debian-helper. I am now reading the maint-guide to understand the next steps. I'll probably be back with more questions after I finished reading.

Thank you all !

On 10.04.2015 10:44, François BILLIOUD wrote:
> Trying here, but it's a lot of information to assimilate.
>
> First, I see that there are thousands of ways to do it. It is a Java
> program that uses Maven. The source is stored on GitHub.

[...]

Hello,

There are three common solutions for building maven based packages.
First of all if your software is only targeted for private and local use
and it is not your intention to package it for Debian officially, then I
recommend to get used to jdeb [1] which simplifies the packaging process
and is easier to use for beginners.

If you want to get serious either maven-debian-helper [2] with CDBS or
javahelper [3] with maven-repo-helper [4] and DH (debhelper with dh
sequencer) are your best options.

maven-debian-helper Mini HowTo
==============================

1. git clone https://github.com/Sharcoux/MathEOS.git
2. cd MathEOS
3. mh_make

The mh_make command is included in maven-debian-helper. Just answer all
the questions and use lower case for the source and library package
names. Ignore all missing dependencies by pressing y. After that you
will find the auto-generated output in your debian directory. That is
all you need for getting started with packaging. Next step is to take a
look at maven.ignoreRules.

com.itextpdf itextpdf * * * *
net.sourceforge.jeuclid jeuclid-core16 * * * *
net.sourceforge.jeuclid jeuclid-core * * * *
net.sourceforge.jeuclid jeuclid * * * *
org.apache.maven.plugins maven-assembly-plugin * * * *
org.docx4j docx4j-ImportXHTML * * * *
org.imgscalr imgscalr-lib * * * *
svg salamander * * * *

These are all artifacts which were ignored in the initial package
creation step. I know we provide the salamander, jeuclid and itext
libraries, so these are most likely false positives and the only thing
left to do is to tell maven where it can find Debian's system jar files.
You can ignore maven-assemply-plugin because in most cases it is not
required for Debian packaging. docx4j and imgscalr are new dependencies
which should be packaged separately.

As Paul already wrote, if you have more questions please join us on
debian-java@lists.debian.org.

Regards,

Markus

[1] https://packages.qa.debian.org/j/jdeb.html