Re: Python logo license

On 2015-02-28 16:37, Daniel Stender wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've got the official Python logo image [1] here in a package.
>
> 1) what would be the proper license for that file in deb/copyright?
>
> 2) what's the best place in Debian to ask copyright/licensing related
> questions like this in the future, the developer's list?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Daniel Stender
>
> [1]
> https://www.python.org/static/community_logos/python-logo-master-v3-TM.png

Hi Daniel,

1) The python logo is subject to the PSF Trademark Usage Policy[1][2].
 At a quick glance, it looks like it is distributable, but I doubt it
complies with the DFSG.

2) If it is about whether a license is DFSG, you probably want either
debian-legal@lists.debian.org or debian-mentors.  I suspect that
debian-mentors is faster when it is "trivial" to determine whether
something is DFSG-compliant, but you may be punted to debian-legal or
the FTP masters for sufficiently obscure licenses.

Hope that answers your questions,
~Niels

[1] https://www.python.org/psf/trademarks/

[2] https://www.python.org/community/logos/