Re: Useless call to ldconfig and shared libraries issue

Le 05/02/2015 13:39, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda a écrit :
El Dijous, 5 de febrer de 2015, a les 11:09:23, Corentin Desfarges va
escriure:
Le 05/02/2015 10:50, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda a écrit :
El Dijous, 5 de febrer de 2015, a les 10:24:25, Corentin Desfarges va

escriure:
Are you sure that in build time do you need to download some data? is
this
acceptable?

Leopold
Yes I need to download the data, else the unit tests can't pass... And I
can't include the data into the package, because of its the size (more
than
800MB).

It has already been discussed in this thread :
      https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2014/12/msg00009.html
I don't want to reopen the thread, but it's really needed?

Are you sure that this test is so crucial to need to do it?
Tests are not "needed", the software works without them. But it's always a
garantee for the package's quality. I am not an expert in Debian packaging
and the discussion was about how to add the data, and not if tests were
crucial or not.

But you can disable tests temporarily.

It is strange that the unit tests don't pass with this error (about
shared
library). When I build the package in a chroot environment, they pass.
Have
you tried to change something about rpath ?
By the way, we have to add "wget" as build-deps of the package in
d/control.>
No, it's the lack of wget as build dependency. I'm trying to build again
the package. I have made some modifications, but I would like to test it
before say anything.
Ok, thank you very much for your help.

Still fails,

/tmp/buildd/fw4spl-0.9.2/obj-x86_64-linux-
gnu/fwStructuralPatchTest/bin/fwStructuralPatchTest: error while loading
shared libraries: libfwCore.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

0% tests passed, 31 tests failed out of 31

Total Test time (real) =   0.10 sec

The following tests FAILED:
	  1 - guiQtTest (Failed)
	  2 - ioVTKTest (Failed)
	  3 - ioVtkGdcmTest (Failed)
	  4 - ioAtomsTest (Failed)
	  5 - patchMedicalDataTest (Failed)
	  6 - ioITKTest (Failed)
	  7 - fwComEdTest (Failed)
	  8 - fwRuntimeTest (Failed)
	  9 - fwServicesTest (Failed)
	 10 - fwDataTest (Failed)
	 11 - fwMedDataTest (Failed)
	 12 - fwCoreTest (Failed)
	 13 - fwGuiQtTest (Failed)
	 14 - fwToolsTest (Failed)
	 15 - fwComTest (Failed)
	 16 - fwDataCampTest (Failed)
	 17 - fwMathTest (Failed)
	 18 - fwVtkIOTest (Failed)
	 19 - fwActivitiesTest (Failed)
	 20 - fwMemoryTest (Failed)
	 21 - fwDataIOTest (Failed)
	 22 - vtkGdcmIOTest (Failed)
	 23 - scene2DTest (Failed)
	 24 - fwAtomConversionTest (Failed)
	 25 - fwAtomsBoostIOTest (Failed)
	 26 - fwAtomsHdf5IOTest (Failed)
	 27 - fwStructuralPatchTest (Failed)
	 28 - fwItkIOTest (Failed)
	 29 - fwAtomsTest (Failed)
	 30 - fwThreadTest (Failed)
	 31 - fwDataToolsTest (Failed)
Errors while running CTest
Makefile:120: recipe for target 'test' failed
make[1]: *** [test] Error 8
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/buildd/fw4spl-0.9.2/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu'
dh_auto_test: make -j8 test ARGS+=-j8 returned exit code 2
debian/rules:24: recipe for target 'binary' failed

I have commented the test.

Please, could you push a version without the test?

Leopold

Done. I disabled them in d/rules.