Re: Useless call to ldconfig and shared libraries issue

Le 05/02/2015 10:24, Corentin Desfarges a écrit :
>> Are you sure that in build time do you need to download some data? is
>> this
>> acceptable?
>>
>> Leopold
>
> Yes I need to download the data, else the unit tests can't pass... And I
> can't
> include the data into the package, because of its the size (more than
> 800MB).

Hi Corentin,

There is a general consensus that network access should be prohibited
during build, so you cannot pull data from a debian/rules target that
runs automatically on the autobuilders:

Some consider that it's OK to do so *conditionally*, but I, for one,
would not sponsor a package that does it. Not that I'm likely to sponsor
your package anyway, not being competent in your field.

> It has already been discussed in this thread :
>    https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2014/12/msg00009.html

Nowhere did anyone suggest this as a possible option. The options are:

 - pack the data with the source package, in a separate tar.gz file;

 - prepare a script or instructions, that people can run interactively
when they decide, to download the data and test the package. This script
must not run at build-time.

Kind regards, Thibaut.

--
* Dr Thibaut Paumard       | LESIA/CNRS - Table équatoriale (bât. 5)   *
* Tel: +33 1 45 07 78 60   | Observatoire de Paris - Section de Meudon *