Re: Useless call to ldconfig and shared libraries issue

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 5:00 PM, Corentin Desfarges wrote:

> When I try to launch my software, I get this error :
>
> ./debian/fw4spl/usr/bin/fwLauncher: error while loading shared libraries:
> libfwCore.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>
> And by using echo '/usr/lib/fw4spl' > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/fw4spl.conf , I
> fixed this error...

Since it sounds like libfwCore.so.0 is supposed to be a private
library so I think the correct solution here is for upstream to build
the binary using an rpath rather than turning it into a public library
placed in a different path.

--
bye,
pabs