Re: meaningful backtraces for crashes

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 8:40 PM, Nico Schlömer wrote:

> For Mixxx [1], I would like for users to produce meaningful backtraces
> in case of crashes (see [2]). What build options are needed or useful
> for debugging purposes? What's the canonical way for adding them to
> the Debian packages?

Until [1] gets implemented, you will need to use debhelper 9, add a
mixxx-dbg package to debian/control and override dh_strip to include
the --dbg-package parameter:

debian/compat:

9

debian/rules:

override_dh_strip:
    dh_strip --dbg-package=mixxx-dbg

debian/control:

Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 9)

Package: mixxx-dbg
Section: debug
Architecture: any
 This package contains debug information for mixxx....
 .
 It can be used to debug mixxx using a debugger if it crashes due to
programming errors.

1. https://wiki.debian.org/AutomaticDebugPackages

--
bye,