Re: guitarix package in debian

Hi Hermann,

On 12/08/2015 09:59 AM, Hermann Meyer wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm the upstream maintainer of the guitarix project, and I've noticed
> that guitarix is marked as autoremoval in debian/testing because of this
> bug:
>
> The bug mentioned above is fixed in upstream since some time, as I'm
> myself been a debian/sid user.
>
> I've tried to reach the debian maintainer (Roland Stigge) of the
> guitarix project for some time now, to no avail.
> To avoid the removal, just a new upload of the latest version is needed,
> so I like to ask here, if someone her could do that?

Thanks for helping to take care of guitarix in Debian as well as upstream.

I see on the bug you have correctly tagged it as fixed upstream.

Unfortunately, it sometimes happens that a maintainer goes missing (most
of the time only temporarily). But it is not cool to just take over and
upload a new version.
There is some information here about maintainers that are missing in action:
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/MIA

As upstream, you could further help by adding a link in the Debian BTS
to the upstream commit that fixes the bug, or attach a patch.

Then someone could more easily do a Non Maintainer Upload (NMU) to keep
guitarix in debian testing (or get it back there after removal).

Regards,

Ross