DNS fails in pbuilder

Hi,

since one week I'm observing that when moving to different networks
pbuilder fails to resolve any host names.  I was able to cure it by
copying my local /etc/resolv.conf to
/var/cache/pbuilder/base.cow/etc/resolv.conf but in principle I do
not even understand how this could have worked before without any
such tricks in changing network environments.

Any clue how this worked and how I can get it working again?

I tried pbuilder 0.221.1 from testing and 0.221.3 from unstable.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de