Re: Requesting Debian mentor to submit python-evdev and ds4drv

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 5:52 AM, mikey d wrote:

> I have packaged python-evdev and ds4drv to my private repository, and I
> would like to see if it would be possible to start becoming a maintainer and
> submit these packages.

Great, please take a look at this page for an intro to how that goes:

http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

> I'm quite nervous about submitting this email :)

No need to be nervous, we are a friendly bunch :)

> - Built on clean system with Debian Jessie repositories
> - Tested on Debian 8 Jessie

In general new packages enter Debian unstable so they should be built
and tested there. Once they have automatically migrated to testing
(currently called stretch), then after a rebuild and some more testing
they can be uploaded to stable-backports (currently called
jessie-backports).

https://www.debian.org/releases/unstable/
https://www.debian.org/releases/testing/
http://backports.debian.org/Contribute/

> - Based off of build script from my repository

In general Debian binary packages from the Debian archive are expected
to be automatically built using dpkg-buildpackage, which calls
debian/rules (a Makefile) rather than custom scripts.

> Packages:
> http://packages.libregeek.org/SteamOS-Tools/pool/main/p/python-evdev/python-evdev_0.5.0+git+SteamOS2_all.deb
> http://packages.libregeek.org/SteamOS-Tools/pool/main/d/ds4drv/ds4drv_20151122+git+SteamOS2_all.deb

These are binary packages, Debian mentors need source packages to
review. In addition, source packages are often required for license
compliance.

--
bye,
pabs