Re: Best practice to create a Qt4 and a Qt5 version of the same source.

Hi,

>I want to create Qt5 builds of some libraries. For example "liblastfm"
>(Qt4) and "liblastfm5" (Qt5). Is it allow to create a separate package
>for Qt5 or do I have to modify the Qt4 package?
>
>If I have to modify the Qt4 package, how can do it?

what about just creating a new binary package?

you might want to tweak the .pro file to build them both, or override
dh_auto_build to call it twice (with the two different qt flavours)

and then override dh_auto_install to split the library in the correct qt package.

HTH

G.