Re: [cmake][multipackaging] best practices

Hi, generating debian files from cmake is not trivial, and I'm not sure I can answer here.

Furthermore, in Debian we don't have this need, and generating them (autogenerating) is source
of problems with official packages.

So I'm afraid (while I like the opportunity), nobody will be interested in this list :(

(BTW you seem to produce an old style rules file, without the new dh calls, and the control
file has no shlibs:Depends, python:Depends and so on.)

(but I did a really quick look)

cheers,

G.

Il Mercoledì 4 Novembre 2015 9:16, Raffi Enficiaud <raffi.enficiaud@mines-paris.org> ha scritto:
Le 02/11/15 11:04, Raffi Enficiaud a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Recently I pushed a couple of changes to the cmake project that allow
> cmake to run on Launchpad. Those changes were targeted at making cmake
> able to create Debian packages directly (before that, it was unable to
> create Debian packages in fakeroot, and packages definitions were too
> rough).
>
> I am now able to package my project properly in Launchpad, without going
> through any install step. My source code produces several .deb files,
> and all of them is managed by cmake directly because I want the split of
> the project be done in all platforms the same way.
>
> I have some open questions and doubts about how I implemented this, and
> I wanted to have feedbacks on the debian/rule and debian/control file I
> wrote. Also I am not sure if those are correct wrt. the packages created
> by cmake (will explain below).
>
> [snip]

Hi,

No one? Maybe I sent this to the wrong list?

Thanks,
Raffi