Re: restart a git repository

Hi,
I think libcdk5 is the correct name, because the package is src:libcdk5.

src:cdk is another package.
https://packages.qa.debian.org/c/cdk.html
https://packages.qa.debian.org/libc/libcdk5.html

I would avoid this confusion.

cheers,

G.

Il Lunedì 2 Novembre 2015 18:47, Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@mapreri.org> ha scritto:
On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 11:00:49AM -0200, Herbert Parentes Fortes Neto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I made a repository for libcdk5 and
> named it libcdk5. I believe it is a
> wrong name. It should be cdk.
>
> I created a cdk repository at git.debian.org
> and did some tries to do a merge without
> success. It is a mess right now.

not sure why all this hassle... just rename the directory..

> To remove the cdk.git and restart from
> zero I only have to go to git.debian.org
> and 'rm  -fr cdk.git/' ?

yes, exactly.  And after that `mv libcdk5.git cdk.git`
That's enough.  Of course all the remote would need an update, if it's
already widely used you might want to leave a symlink in it's place
(somehow discuraged because this tends to leave cruft around).

> Instead of do a merge I think just
> 'git remote set-url' will be enough.

a merge has nothing to do in this case..
changing the remote is of course needed.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  http://mapreri.org                              : :'  :