What to do with a kernel bug which lets my package work result look bad ?

Hi,

maybe somewhat off topic, but i don't know where else
to ask for advise:

While doing regression tests with my readily prepared
packages (*), i stumbled over a bug in fs/isofs/rock.c which
truncates filenames of length 254 or 255 to quite random
lengths and thus can let readdir(3) emit multiple identical
names in the same directory.

I can reproduce. I see the buggy constant "254" in line 270
of https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/fs/isofs/rock.c
as well as in my Sid's /usr/src/linux-source-4.1/fs/isofs/rock.c.
I see a coarse reaction which leads to the really bad behavior
in userland.

What to do now with this knowledge ?

Does Debian have a kernel department ? With round tuits ?

(On LKML they will at best urge me to fix it myself.
 But i have my own alternative ready in userland. And my
 kernel skills stem from a short adventure in NetBSD's
 ISO 9660 driver. This constant "254" might have a good
 reason. Who can tell ?)

(*) I found two sponsor candidates. Now i am waiting
    whether the packages will get de-orphaned or
    re-parented. Thanks again for this list's support.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas