Issues with neq package iqtree (use Debian packaged zlib in cmake build and others)

Hi,

I intend to package iqtree in the Debian Med team[1] and have some
problems to do this properly.  Upstream includes some third party
libraries that are packaged for Debian (zlib, sprng, eigen) which I
tried to get rid of.  I was able to eliminate explicite references to
zlib and eigen from the source code but my usual bad luck with cmake did
has beaten me again and I have no clue how to add zlib to the linker
(and thus the build ends in

CMakeFiles/iqtree.dir/gzstream.cpp.o: In function `gzstreambuf::underflow()':
/tmp/buildd/iqtree-1.3.8+dfsg/gzstream.cpp:91: undefined reference to `gzread'
CMakeFiles/iqtree.dir/gzstream.cpp.o: In function `gzstreambuf::open(char const*, int)':
/tmp/buildd/iqtree-1.3.8+dfsg/gzstream.cpp:62: undefined reference to `gzopen'
CMakeFiles/iqtree.dir/gzstream.cpp.o: In function `gzstreambuf::close()':

).  I wonder if there is some kind of default "include zlib wherever you
find it to make upstream happy with a sensible patch)

I was not lucky in excluding sprng at all since upstream seems to have
changed the interface in the copy shipped with the upstream source.  I
tried to document the issue in the according (deactivated) patch[2] and
left the code copy inside the tarball for the moment.

I'd be happy to get some help at least for the zlib issue.  Any hint how
to use the packaged sprng would be welcome as well for sure.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

[1] git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/iqtree.git
[2] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/iqtree.git/tree/debian/patches/debian_packaged_sprng.patch

--
http://fam-tille.de