How much is lintian an expert in english language ?

Hi,

with my upstream hat on i got the proposal to change
in documentation "allow to" to "allow one to".
This seems to be inspired by lintian tags like
  https://lintian.debian.org/tags/spelling-error-in-manpage.html

The long list of complaints on this page and the quite
inconclusive google results let me riddle why this
is considered a "minor" "possible" bug or policy violation.
It seems a widely used phrase.

Is there some deeper explanation of "allows to allows one to"
available ? Something which would convince a teacher of
english language ?

If i am not convinced as upstream, am i supposed to apply a patch
in the Debian package, nevertheless ?

Have a nice day :)

Thomas