Re: Introduce wrapper package of linuxbrew into Debian

Hi Lumin,

the packaging now is really fine for me, I'm going to sponsor soonish.

1) I did a build&install of the package, and I can't make it work

brew install cmake
brew
brew --help
linuxbrew --help

returns nothing

2) man brew doesn't work, man linuxbrew works

3) looking at the source, in first_time_hint the example file have a wrong location
+ See example file /usr/share/doc/linuxbrew/examples/profile

maybe you mean

/usr/share/doc/linuxbrew-wrapper/examples/profile

(and that function is never called on my system)

4) I see an install file, but it has no +x, so it can't be run
sudo chmod +x /usr/lib/linuxbrew/install

shouldn't the end user know that he needs to manually run the installation?

after running install almost everything works as expected, so maybe its just
a matter of tweaking the script for some bits, and setting the +x to the file
(after mentioning $somewhere that it needs to be run).

What about doing that in a postinst script?

(sorry for this late mail, but I usually install stuff only when packaging
looks good to me :) )

BTW I'm installing cmake right now :) (with all the ton of build-dependencies)

I really appreciate this software, I think Debian folks will enjoy it!

cheers,

Gianfranco