Re: Introduce wrapper package of linuxbrew into Debian

Hi Zhou,

General Note: I don't think I'll sponsor this package without a discussion on debian-devel mail list,

because I do not honestly think we need another package management, specially because
mixing stuff might lead to libraries incompatibilities, and something more.

Do you install something in non-standard directories so there is no need of looking at this?
(note: I used too few times homebrew to know it)
(I guess you install on HOMEBREW_PREFIX and ~/.linuxbrew if I read correctly the code)

BTW, you should also try to patch cmake to look at the new directories, at least when it
isn't run in a buildd system.

anyway, let's review:
1) d/changelog:
UNRELEASED is not an acceptable pocket distribution.

it should just say "initial release closes: #blah)

if you have something more to say, there is a README.Debian file for that purpose
(or README.source)

2) d/control:

supporting only amd64 seems well... bad :)

3) please add a manpage (help2man might help as a starting point)

4) add a real watch file or remove it completely

5) copyright: I do not like GPL-3.0+, maybe 2.0+ might be better, and usually it is considered
a good copyright the one that is the same as upstream, because otherwise you might not be able
to forward Debian patches upstream (like in this case, GPL-3+ means you can't redistribute
as BSD-2-clause without an explicit written permission, even if I didn't check right now
the above, and IANAL)

TLTR: having the same license avoids many troubles :)

6) no patches? fine, then please remove d/patches directory.

cheers,

Gianfranco