Re: R: Validating user input with debconf

You can also check how I solved this in dbconfig-common in the
dbc_get_app_pass function that is called during configure of any package
that depends on dbconfig-common:
https://sources.debian.net/src/dbconfig-common/1.8.52/dpkg/common/#L853

Although in this case the non-interactive mode is easier because then
you don't do the check as the password is empty. But you can see how to
check for that here:
https://sources.debian.net/src/dbconfig-common/1.8.52/dpkg/common/#L715

Paul