Re: RFS: Looking for a mentor for my dspdfviewer package

Hi Danny,

[upstream changes]

nice!

> "is the dbg package working? how can I verify?"
> (too lazy to quote you :) )

$ dpkg -i ../dspdfviewer_1.13.1-1_amd64.deb

[snip]

$ gdb /usr/bin/dspdfviewer
[snip]

Reading symbols from /usr/bin/dspdfviewer...(no debugging symbols found)...done.

$ dpkg -i ../dspdfviewer-dbg_1.13.1-1_amd64.deb

[snip]

$ gdb /usr/bin/dspdfviewer

Reading symbols from /usr/bin/dspdfviewer...Reading symbols from /usr/lib/debug/.build-id/c2/c35e6f96f063aff4e0d6e3e644855c31b11a0f.debug...done.
done.
(gdb)

this seems to be working correctly to me :)

>It would be good if you could take a final look at it (Now hopefully
>bug-free). Especially the -dbg part I'm not 100% sure if I added that
>correctly, or if I messed up $stuff while migrating the debian/
>directory to the new version.

"bug-freeness" is something you will never have :)

it is good, and it works correctly, this is enough for me.

(and you seem to have no packaging bugs, let's wait for unstable/testing to have some people feedbacks)

>If everything is in order, please tell me what I have to do to trigger
>the uploading/inclusion process into official Debian.

None, the package was built,signed and uploaded while I was answering that mail :)
>Many thanks again for your mentoring,

thanks to you for the good package and your nice contribution to Debian!

I see you did a really good job, and the package was already in a good shape, my suggestions were mostly cosmetic.

I have one more suggestion: please consider having an package.install file instead of overriding dh_auto_install, the same for
the dh_installdocs

(the respective manpages can help you).

I guess this will simplify the packaging, but it is a matter of "de gustibus".

I hope to see your contributions again, I enjoyed your packaging, I hope to see you as Maintainer or Developer one day :)
(let me know if you want to work on some packages, I can review them also privately or through the list)

cheers!

Gianfranco