delete unsafe symlink with dquilt

Hi mentors,

I'm preparing the linuxbrew package for Debian [1],
and found it hard to remove 2 troublesome symlinks from upstream
source.

Lintian complains that

 E: linuxbrew source: source-contains-unsafe-symlink
                      Library/ENV/pkgconfig/fuse/fuse.pc

 They are:
 ~/hdd/debian/linuxbrew/Library/ENV/pkgconfig/fuse$ file *
 fuse.pc:    broken symbolic link to /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/fuse.pc
 osxfuse.pc: broken symbolic link to /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/osxfuse.pc

So I followed [2] adding a dquilt patch to remove them.
However dquilt just gave adding the deadlink.

 $ dquilt add Library/ENV/pkgconfig/fuse/fuse.pc
 Cannot add symbolic link Library/ENV/pkgconfig/fuse/fuse.pc

Man quilt says

  quilt add

has just one option available:

  -P patchPatch to add files to.

Goswin von Brederlow > It is probably better to simply remove the
Goswin von Brederlow > files in the clean target.

However I tried it and it doesn't prevent this lintian source ERROR.
Any idea to handle this situation properly?

Thanks :-)

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/users/cdluminate-guest/linuxbrew.git/
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2011/06/msg00000.html