Re: Build on hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-amd64 ... at home

Hi,

Quoting gregor herrmann (2015-07-20 10:14:12)
> cowbuilder and qemu-debootstrap work for me (with armhf and armel,
> haven't tried with other architectures):
> http://info.comodo.priv.at/blog/cowbuilder_crossbuilds_for_raspbian.html
>
> The linked article
> http://blog.waja.info/2013/11/25/crossbuilding-debian-packages-with-sbuild-for-raspbian/
> explains a setup with sbuild and qemu; also for Raspbian and armhf
> but it's probably worth a try for hurd or kfreebsd as well.

crossbuilding is not equal to native building. I think Daniel was looking for a
way to test if their packages build natively on hurd-i386 or kfreebsd-amd64.
But crossbuilding from linux (which I'll just assume Daniel runs on their host)
to hurd or kfreebsd will lead to different results than natively building on
these kernels in (probably) most cases.

cheers, josch