Seeking replacement for some Java icons in package mauve-aligner

Hi,

the package mauve-aligner containes some images[1] that are copyrighted

  Copyright 2000 by Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
DarkHand16.gif

so ftpmaster has rejected the upload[2].  Upstream says about these icons:

  Several of these icons were supplied by Sun as 'stock icons' to be used
  in Java interfaces, and although I'm pretty sure they were intended for
  redistribution I do not have a copy of the license. At least some of the
  other icons were definitely scraped from online sources without careful
  thought about licenses. A few were created by me. If you have
  suggestions for a good place to find freely licensed user interface
  icons it would be very helpful indeed! I would be happy to put in
  replacements with favourable licensing.

While I'm seriously wondering about the fact whether 16x16 and 24x24
icons are copyrightable I'd be happy about any hints for replacent
suggestions by free icons for the files

Back16.gif
Down16.gif
Forward16.gif