Re: How or if daemon users should be removed

 ❦ 30 juin 2015 14:07 -0700, Cameron Norman <camerontnorman@gmail.com> :

> I have a package (apt-p2p) that I want to adopt that removes its
> daemon with deluser in postrm (on purge). This causes issues (piuparts
> complains) because deluser is not essential and dependent packages are
> not guaranteed to be installed at the time of postrm.
>
> So, should I:
>
> * Not remove the user on purge (as I have seen done in other packages)
> * Remove it in prerm after the debhelper section

Use "deluser ... || true". Most of the time, deluser will still be here
(because adduser is important).
--
Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
		-- "Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"