Re: Pbuilder requests Build-Depends on local machine - why this?

On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 14:57:18 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> since I'm back from vacation and upgraded my testing system I realised
> that when using pbuilder the Build-Depends of some package seem to be
> required also on the machine that is creating the pbuilder chroot
> (=where you start pdebuild).

That's a change in dpkg-buildpackage:

From https://tracker.debian.org/news/685447 :

dpkg (1.18.0) unstable; urgency=low
[..]
  * Make dependency checks fatal for dpkg-buildpackage -S.

So you have to pass "-d" (for making the checks non-fatal, i.e.
warnings, again, as they were before), or -nc (don't run clean) to
dpkg-buildpackage; directly or via --debbuildopts in the case of
pdebuild.

(Note that -nc seems to break pbuilder's "build twice" feature.)

Cheers,
gregor

 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer -  https://www.debian.org/
   `-   BOFH excuse #297:  Too many interrupts