Re: blocked migration from unstable to testing: old binaries left

On 2015-06-18 14:55, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 8:22 PM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
>
>> what am I supposed to do for unblocking ?
>
> You started a (minor) transition without involving the release team,
> please read this:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam/Transitions
>
> According to the cruft report, the old binaries can't be removed
> because ovito build-depends on libtachyon-dev. You'll need to convince
> the ovito maintainers to switch to the new tachyon dev packages.
>
> https://ftp-master.debian.org/cruft-report-daily.txt

As Paul already mentioned, it is due to a transition.

 * Your packages had no reverse dependency left on release
   architectures (but did have on sparc and possibly others).

 * It /did/ have reverse build-dependencies on release architectures,
   but it was decrufted regardless, so those are now broken.

 * As a result, ovito is most likely unbuildable in unstable on (e.g.
   amd64). Haven't tested it, but evidence points to this conclusion.
   For now I have blocked your package from migration.
   - It will show up as a "block hint from nthykier" or so in many hours
     from now as was not part of the original reason for it being
     blocked.

I am a bit pressed on time atm., so I cannot follow through on this one
right now.  Jerome, please verify that the Build-Depends of ovito are
not installable in unstable (linux-amd64 or linux-i386 should do) and if
so file a serious bug against ovito asking them to migrate to the new
dev package replacing it.

I will get back to you later (in several hours from now or worst case,
tomorrow).

~Niels