Re: Creating a package with plugins and libs

El Dilluns, 15 de juny de 2015, a les 12:08:58, Paul Wise va escriure:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 1:14 AM, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> > The question is that the package creates a few libraries in /usr/lib and a
> > bunch of small libraries (used as plugins but treated libraries by
> > upstream
> > (with pkg-control files, etc).
> >
> > I have patched upstream code to make SONAMEs in the libraries installed in
> > /usr/lib, but I try to avoid to patch upstream to the libraries/plugins
> > installed in /usr/lib/orocos.
>
> I think it would be best to talk to upstream about making the
> libraries into proper plugins or at least into private libraries.

and propose what?

they are doing a correct development IMHO. The have libraries installed in the
correct place. They develop software components and install them under
/usr/lib/$TARGET where $TARGET is the main kind of OS (gnulinux, xenomai
based, etc). They load their components dynamically using some kind of plugin
system.

I don't know how to handle all of this stuff. Probably I was not clear in my
email. Maybe I should rename the package and not treat them as library and put
plugin in some part of the name.

Best regards,

Leopold

Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia