Re: Some questions about copyrights

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 10:30 AM,  <parkar@it.teithe.gr> wrote:

> Hello, this is my first time publishing a program i have made
> Also at the debian/copyright file. The lines should be something like that?
> Code was taken from here:
> https://github.com/seanmiddleditch/libtelnet
> https://code.google.com/p/uftt/source/browse/trunk/src/linux/libnetlink.c?r=1041
> I have also done modification to (libnetlink) and from what I read I must
> state it

It sounds like you have two embedded code copies, which is discouraged
by Debian policy.

https://wiki.debian.org/EmbeddedCodeCopies

Instead of copying code around you should package it separately and
have your program depend on it. Please send the modifications to
libnetlink upstream, remove both libnetlink and libtelnet from your
code and have your build system link against these libraries.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise