Packaging a Go binary

Hi debian-mentors,

I am attempting to package a program written in Go, so that it can easily be
installed by Debian and Ubuntu users:

    https://github.com/googlecloudplatform/gcsfuse

Go programs are generally installed using `go get`, but since this one has an
external dependency (fuse) I figure it would be a better user experience to be
able to install with `apt-get install gcsfuse`.

The problem is I have no idea how to do this. I'm new to Debian packaging in
general, and add to that the complication of building all dependencies from
source with static linking, as is typical in Go.

Is anybody able to point me to some documentation on packaging Go binaries, a
good example, or even a person who would like to be the maintainer for this?

Thanks,
Aaron