Re: Installing "straight-live" of a theme package

>> Olivier wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> (Debian 8 updated here.)
>>
>> I've done a theme for Mate and I'm packaging it.
>>
>> So, I've done a package which first, installs all the files under /usr/share/theme/mytheme.
>> This part is OK and I can choose my theme in mate.
>>

>> Now, I've been working (and reading a lot about) on how to install it:
>> 1) as a default theme (then any new user will get it by default)
>> 2) "straight-live" which mean that mate automagically will switch to it when installing the package

> Cameron wrote:
>
> I am fairly sure you can use gschema override files for this.

Cameron, with this, I've been able to look at an example in the desktop-base package and I found my way with a mix of it plus using update-alternative for the background image.
Now, if I'm creating a new user, the theme used (plus other few MATE GUI tweaks) are taken in account. The "1)" is done thanks to you, thanks for this !

The last thing I'm working on is the "straight-live" install. As said in my previous email, I've got some command line which are working in a terminal launched as a user such as :
   gsettings set org.mate.Marco.general theme 'mytheme'
   gsettings set org.mate.background picture-filename '/usr/share/backgrounds/mytheme/mybackgroundpicture.png'
   gsettings set org.mate.interface gtk-theme 'mytheme'
but those doesn't work when launched in a root environnement.

So I've been thinking at something : is there any way to launched a command line in a postinst script which could get the name of the user who asked for the package installation (before he/she got root) ?
I've been thinking at something like : su -c $USERwhoLAUNCHEDtheINSTALLATIONofTHEpackage "gsettings ... .." ?

Regards,
Olivier