Re: pdebuild cowbuilder doesn't resolve build-deps

Hello

On 22/03/2015 17:43, Francesco De Vita wrote:
> I'm testing a change I made on the source package kde4libs but I'm
> encountering a problem using cowbuilder in building the debian binary
> package. To localize the problem I made a simple test case without
> applying any changes in the source package.
>
> If I compile the source package with:
>  $ sudo -E cowbuilder --build kde4libs_4.14.2-5.dsc
>
> everything goes ok and I get the .deb packages.
>
> But if I extract the source package and start the compilation inside
> the extracted directory with:
>  $ sudo -E pdebuild --pbuilder cowbuilder --debbuildopts -sa
>
> then the process aborts when it checks build-deps.
> Here [1] the detailed output of the above command.
>
> I'd expect to see the same behaviour with both commands, but in the
> first case cowbuilder solves the build-deps correctly invoking
> /usr/lib/pbuilder/pbuilder-satisfydepends, instead in the second case
> it does not.
>
> [1] https://paste.debian.net/162544/

I did other tests but I didn't find a solution to my problem.

Shortly (see details in the OP):
- "sudo -E cowbuilder --build kde4libs_4.14.2-5.dsc" OK
- "sudo -E pdebuild --pbuilder cowbuilder" inside source dir FAILS

The same test succeeds in both cases with the sources of other
applications.

So what's wrong? It can't be a FTBFS of the source package
kde4libs because the first command succeeds. But I don't understand
if it's a specific issue of pdebuild with cowbuilder because it
correctly works with the sources of other applications.

Thank you in advance for any help
Francesco